Wednesday 29 February 2012

Feature: MessicanRooster

Feature: MessicanRooster from Deviant Art


It's that time again! I attack some poor artist with questions for everyones entertainment! 
Today we've got MessicanRooster from Deviant Art. I love her art! I think my favourite has 
to be her Clown Fish eyes! 

1. How did you get started with makeup? 

I had a lot of free time and I needed something to do, so I starting looking for some hobbies I could have and doing makeup just stuck. 

2.What is your all time favourite brand? What's your favourite product from that brand? 

I have a very low budget since I'm still in high school, so I don't use anything super fancy, but I really like anything Maybelline. 

3. Where do you get your inspiration from?

Most of my inspiration comes from finding something small that I could build around. For example, I have a picture with a small metal sun, and I glued it next to my eye and added eyeshadow. Sometimes I will leave the inspiration object out, and recreate it with makeup.



4. Favourite tool?

I don't really use a lot of tools. I prefer to use my fingers for my makeup since I mainly do picture with only one eye, and I think it's easier to do eye makeup with my fingers. 

5. Have you gone to school for this? Or is this more of a natural talent? 

No, I'm still in high school. Once I get to college, I think I will do something with makeup. 

6. Do you make a living off of your work or is it more of a hobby?

It's just a hobby, I'm not quite old enough to be able to pay for myself. I have gotten a few offers though, people have asked for me to do wedding, prom, and photoshoot makeup for them.

7. Which design of yours is your favourite?

Hmm, I guess my favorite would be the clown fish one. I like that one because it was really fun to do, even though I couldn't get it to turn out right because the only orange makeup I had was a cream, so it would smudge everything if I blinked. 



8. How long do your designs usually take? 

Most of my designs only take about thirty minutes, but I have had one take almost two hours. 

9. How long have you been doing this?

I have only been doing this for about a year. 

10. Any advice for beginners? 

Don't give up, even professionals make mistakes! You always have room to grow. If you can't get something to work out, try drawing it on paper first, that's what I always do. Don't be nervous about making comments on other peoples work!

Here are a few more of her wonderful designs! 







If you would like to see more, visit her on Deviant Art: messicanrooster.deviantart










1 comment: